You can even add this to the list of Margazhi variety rice.
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Black Pepper - 1 tspn
- Ghee - 1 tblspn
- Keep the cooked rice ready and let it cool down.
- Fry black pepper without oil in a pan and remove it when it starts spluttering. Once it cools down, make a powder in mixie.
- Add 1/2 tspn ghee to pan and dry roast curry leaves till it shrinks and slightly crisp. Remove and keep it in a plate. Crush it with hands after it cools down.
- Now add remaining ghee to pan add the crushed curry leaves and pepper powder and fry for a moment and this is the stage to add rice and salt to mix well.
- Put the flame off.
- Transfer this to plate and consume it hot with any gravy or papad.
- Pepper rice can be taken at the time of cold, cough and indigestion.
- When preparing this rice add freshly crushed pepper powder. Don't use the store bought one, the aroma and taste you will not get alike with fresh powder.
- You can add the black pepper more or less according to your pungent level.
- You can even add ghee to adjust the pungent level.
- Frying Black pepper powder in ghee reduces the pungent.
As always, take care of your and others allergy levels into consideration.